- How soon will we reach the physical limits to our ability to break Olympic records?
- Now we know how long it takes to pay off a skyscraper (with a most intriguing commentary regarding the World Trade Center).
- New IPhone Case Doubles As A Stun Gun. Just don't shoot yourself in the head.
- 6 Christian sites in Rome you should know about.
- Why Kill Animals That Attack Humans? The answer is not only biblical but it's the only law that appears in every Ancient Near Eastern society since recording began.
- Fascinating story here: "In July 1761 an illegal slave ship foundered near Tromelin, a speck of land 200 miles east of Madagascar. After six months on the island, the surviving gentlemen and sailors assembled a makeshift boat and departed, promising to return for the 60 slaves left on the island. They never did."
- The Chinese version of Disney's "It's a Small World" ride (at Suzhou Amusement Land) is totally worth it (it's not, really) once you get to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Voltron. "Brace Yourself" is what Mr. Bean would say:
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Was up late doing a little writing when I got the munchies. Kinda looks like Millenni-ham Falcon. Wonder if it's flown by Ham ...
M. Scott Peck in the 1978 book that made him famous, The Road Less Traveled describes (in so many words) life as terrain, so we need a “ma...
It was 50 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper put the mic's away. That's right! 50 years ago today, the Beatles wrapped up recording what...