Welcome, May!

Image
The past few weeks have been stressful. Training new employees, dealing with difficult customers, not sleeping well, not exercising (I’ve gained 20 pounds in the last two years), getting through family drama (two life-threatening events in the same day, 2000 miles apart: my dad’s heart attack in NM and a 9 year grandchild starting the rest of his life with Type 1 Diabetes) . . .  My CrossFit lifestyle withered into oblivion when I lost my job at the University in 2020, as Covid got going. Deep depression brought me to a standstill as I took a few months to try to reset. Since then, my physical status has been on steady decline. Now my daily schedule looks something like this: Work 3-11 pm (on a good day), Go to bed at 4 am, get up between 10:30 am and noon, get booted up and go back to work. If I get one day off a week I’m fortunate. At least I don’t have to work all night for now. That was the worst.  So I haven’t had time or energy to do much, even read, much less write. And since my

Randoms

Is Belief in Jesus Necessary? Ronald Nash explores the dangers of Inclusivism. "The inclusivist view that those who have never heard the gospel will be saved has a serious, negative effect on Christian missions. In light of these and other problems, inclusivism should not be considered an acceptable option for Christians."

David Wilkerson answers the question, "Hell: What is it Like?"

Former Redskins coach, NASCAR team owner talks at prison, then school. Joe Gibbs, who won three Super Bowl championships as coach of the Washington Redskins and three NASCAR titles as a team owner, spoke to inmates at the S.C. Department of Corrections and later a luncheon at Columbia International University about his testimony, “Life is Game.”

If any gospel has God’s saving mission to the ends of the earth within its purview it is the Gospel of Luke.

Registration for Summer Studies at Columbia International University open April 1!  Register for Atlanta courses here.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Edward The Second