Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Happy Graduation Day, Sparkie!

Here upon this graduation
as I write congratulations
upon my laptop like a homework chore;
I think back to those books and reading,
finding lessons in flour kneading
doing math till eyes were bleeding--
You can say to High School, “nevermore.”


We’ve reached the end, though weak and weary
(the world’s your oyster now, my dearie)
and your brother’s not quite Soph-o-more;
It’s time to put to use that learning,
go on to college if you’re yearning,
or perhaps a living, earning--
But you can say to High School, “nevermore.”

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “