Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

Done

Was looking forward to a run outside today in the fresh air. Saw it was overcast, but was not going to let that stop me. As I stepped out to run an errand with my darling bride, it started drizzling.

Ok.

Though not wild about going to the gym, I silently prepared myself for an inside workout when I returned from our errand.

We were on the way home (about mid afternoon) when we saw him.

The sky: still overcast, grey. If it was a few degrees colder, it would be snowing.

But there he was, trudging along the road.

If I had to guess I'd say he's in his mid 70's. Tall. Slow. Many could walk faster than he runs, but there he was. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Running. In the drizzle. In the cold.

If he could do it, I can do it.

So I did.

I got home, changed clothes, bundled up, cranked up the MP3 player, started my stopwatch and put one foot in front of the other. 50 minutes and 4.53 miles later, I lay down gasping in the backyard on the cold, wet grass. Done.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Samuel Johnson