Quarantine thoughts
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I can sum mine up in one word: "crucible."
You know what?
- I've lost my job.
- I am no longer a doctoral student.
- Our family is going through massive emotional upset due to a family member's attempted suicide and because she is underage, created quite an intense DSS firestorm for us.
You know what?
- The world is changing and we are doing things we've never done before. Or in a while, at least.
- America's houses have never been cleaner.
- The DSS firestorm is dying down and in a few months, she'll age out of the system. What happens next is anyone's guess. Hearts are broken, nonetheless.
- I am preparing to break in a new tiller on some ground for a garden. Got us some tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, lettuce, broccoli, beans. Might post some pics of the before-and-aftermath.
I had to move my library from what was once my office, but that's all done and almost all books are reshelved at home--in order ;-) Ran out of shelf space, if you can believe that!
I know who my true friends are and I know where to find them. Ok, I've not been the best friend to some, but that's one thing about true friends--there's this "no matter what" thing. And memories are precious.
Fitness ain't been going so well, but if I can get out and walk for a mile or so, I'm happy.
So I keep my phone charged, my playlists rolling and take each challenge as they come. Like waves on the shore.
Things I try to remember:
- Pain hurts, but it eventually goes away. Fear does too.
- Laugh when you can. And when you can't, laugh at what's coming at you.
- Life is abundant, so love where you are.
- Live, love, do better.
- We are in this together.
- There are times you just need to be held.
If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will.
(Casting Crowns)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
I’ll Be Gnome For Christmas
The Island-Fish
“O ye passengers, whom may God preserve! come up quickly in to the ship, hasten to embark, and leave your merchandise, and flee with your lives, and save yourselves from destruction; for this apparent island, upon which ye are, is not really an island, but it is a great fish that hath become stationary in the midst of the sea, and the sand hath accumulated upon it, so that it hath become like an island, and trees have grown upon it since times of old; and when ye lighted the fire upon it, the fish felt the heat, and put itself in motion, and now it will descend with you into the sea, and ye will all be drowned: then seek for yourselves escape before destruction, and leave the merchandise.—The passengers, therefore, hearing the words of the master of the ship, hastened to go up into the vessel, leaving the merchandise, and their other goods, and their copper cooking-pots, and their fire-pots; and some reached the ship, and others reached it not. The island had moved, and descended...
“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “
“VANITY, saith the preacher, vanity! Draw round my bed: is Anselm keeping back? Nephews—sons mine … ah God, I know not! Well— She, men would have to be your mother once, Old Gandolf envied me, so fair she was! What’s done is done, and she is dead beside, Dead long ago, and I am Bishop since, And as she died so must we die ourselves, And thence ye may perceive the world’s a dream. Life, how and what is it? As here I lie In this state-chamber, dying by degrees, Hours and long hours in the dead night, I ask “Do I live, am I dead?” Peace, peace seems all. Saint Praxed’s ever was the church for peace; And so, about this tomb of mine. I fought With tooth and nail to save my niche, ye know: —Old Gandolf cozened me, despite my care; Shrewd was that snatch from out the corner South He graced his carrion with, God curse the same! Yet still my niche is not so cramped...