Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

New Favorite Band

So during my long commutes to and from work (1 hour each way), I listen to mucho musica. About the same time I returned to listening to one very complex band (Dream Theater), I recalled another band I had only read about and thought to give them a listen (Spock's Beard). It was not difficult to fall for this magical ensemble founded in 1992 by two brothers. They are to me like Rock music's greatest secret. 

But you know how every now and then you wish for the best of the best? Well, I discovered that Mike Portnoy (formerly of Dream Theater) also played in a band with the co-founder of Spock's Beard--in a couple of bands, actually. Then I found out that the guitarist of Deep Purple also played in one of those bands also. I gave 'em a listen and was hooked. This is true music, folks. Prog at it's best, in my opinion. 

One feature that stands out (besides true musicality) is the writing. Very deep, personal and meaningful. Sensitive. 

So without further ado, here are three songs that thump me in the chest by the very awesome, multitalented supergroup, Flying Colors

Please enjoy. 

"Take me...
To a world beyond our space and time
Under the crystal water sky
Where we never have to say goodbye." (Blue Ocean)


The storm
We will dance as it breaks
The storm
It will give as it takes
And all of our pain is washed away
Don't cry or be afraid
Some things only can be made
In the storm (The Storm)


" . . .if you let this love
Rule you'll go where fools come rushing in.
Is there a place in your world?
Is there a place in your world?
Is there a place in your world for me?" (A Place In Your World)








Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Marked red with many an eager kiss