Chapter 10

Image
 Starting chapter 10 exhausted. Need to take a break. The closer to the end I get, the steeper the climb, as it were. Just gets harder near the end. I’m having eye surgery consultation later this week. I’m thinking the eye strain is too much for this little pea brain. Everything jumbles together. But so excited this is happening!

“Written in Early Spring” by William Wordsworth (1770–1850)

 I HEARD a thousand blended notes 

While in a grove I sate reclined, 

In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts 

Bring sad thoughts to the mind. 

To her fair works did Nature link 

The human soul that through me ran; 

And much it grieved my heart to think 

What Man has made of Man. 


Through primrose tufts, in that sweet bower, 

The periwinkle trail’d its wreaths; 

And ’tis my faith that every flower 

Enjoys the air it breathes. 

The birds around me hopp’d and play’d, 

Their thoughts I cannot measure,— 

But the least motion which they made 

It seem’d a thrill of pleasure. 

The budding twigs spread out their fan 

To catch the breezy air; 

And I must think, do all I can, 

That there was pleasure there. 

If this belief from heaven be sent, 

If such be Nature’s holy plan, 

Have I not reason to lament 

What Man has made of Man?

Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion