Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

anticipation

Sorry it has been a while since my last blog. I have been incredibly busy with work, studying, reading and writing that I forgot there were other things to do . . .

I had a wonderful time at the Christian and Culture conference that started Friday evening and ended at noon today. The conference was on the life and writings of J.R.R. Tolkien.

When I came home my neighbor across the street came over and invited Jonathan to eat dinner. Later I went over to check on things and found myself elbow deep in engine grease helping my neighbor's brother reassemble a truck engine. It was not long when I found myself talking to a very hurt young man who experienced significant losses the past couple of years (loss of jobs, death of a child, a "preying" pastor who caused he and his wife to divorce, etc). I told him I wanted to spend some more time with him and he said he would be back and wanted to talk.

While we talked my neighbor barbequed enough food to feed most of the neighborhood and we had a great time in fellowship (talking with him before I discovered he is a believer). Leslie and the other kids came over and we all ate together and played with the kids. After the sun went down we discovered that someone kicked our front door in--I think it was a couple of neighborhood kids who did not like white people hanging with the parents of their friends. Anyway, my neighbor is coming over tomorrow to rebuild our doorframe and will be providing the materials. Nothing was stolen--I think it was just a prank.

I got out the telescopes as my neighbor and I got to talking about the wonders of God's creation. We looked at Saturn and Jupiter and a couple of open clusters.
He was almost crying a few times when I let him take the controls of the scope. Nobody had ever spent as much time with him and his family in so many years . . .

I wonder what God is going to do . . .

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception