Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

gettin' ready

as I have been preparing for my bible study on Rev. 2:8-11, God has given me this to think about:

* my oldest daughter was splashed in the eye with a corrosive chemical last week (she's fine now). She saw the same doctor my youngest son did when he got stuck in the eye with an arrow two years ago.

* two days ago my oldest son got his eye smashed with a ball and his eye was bleeding. He saw the same doctor.

* the people we have been buying our house and land from decided that we have until the end of July to close the deal move out (they are ditching our 6 year agreement). I will be in Africa at the end of July, which follows June, my most busy time of the year with 86 students coming for two weeks of intensive courses.

* my 60 year-old dad got a broken collarbone and a totaled Harley in a motorcycle accident while riding California to Washington D.C. for a Memorial Day celebration. Apparently this truck the convoy was following on the highway slammed on his brakes and dad hit the back of the truck--and the bikes following him dominoed into the pile. This was his last year as a team-leader. Fortunately, the accident happened while in his home state and he is going home.

* my sister is moving to San Diego from Denver (she is getting to the east coast the long way).

* I put ten dollars of gas in my van, which is supposed to last to the end of the month. At $1.86 per gallon you don't get too far down the road . . .

* I gotta hot water leak under my kitchen sink I can't get stopped.

* I am almost finished reading John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath."

* Today's my birthday.

* * * * * * * *

Le's turn in our song-books to sing that front-porch ballad we all remember so well . . .
"Gloom, dispair, agony on me.
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery.
If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, dispair and agony on me."

(there is actually some levity in the fore-mentioned ballad, but you may have to be over 30 to get it . . .)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception