Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

a prayer

A brother sent this to me--enjoy!

"Thou art the blessed God, happy in Thyself, source of happiness in Thy
creatures, my maker, benefactor, proprietor, upholder. Thou hast produced
and sustained me, supported and indulged me, saved and kept me; Thou art in
every situation able to meet my needs and miseries.

May I live by Thee, live for Thee, never be satisfied with my Christian
progress but as I resemble Christ; and may conformity to His principles,
temper, and conduct grow hourly in my life. Let Thy unexampled love
constrain me into holy obedience, and render my duty my delight. If others
deem my faith folly, my meekness infirmity, my zeal madness, my hope
delusion, my actions hypocrisy, may I rejoice to suffer for Thy name.

Keep me walking steadfastly towards the country of everlasting delights,
that paradise-land which is my true inheritance. Support me by the strength
of heaven that I may never turn back, or desire false pleasures that will
disappear into nothing. As I pursue my heavenly journey by Thy grace let me
be known as a man with no aim but that of a burning desire for Thee, and the
good and salvation of my fellow men."

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “