Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

"No Discharge in the War"

Echoes of Kipling usher us from the close of our Intensive period in the Seminary through the rest of the summer and march us onward toward fall. (see his poem, "Boots").

We are holding our Vacation Bible School in a non-traditional format this year: each Wednesday night in July our church is hosting "Nick at Night" at the downtown public park. Though it carries supplies plenty of water games in the style of Nickelodeon, the premise is basedon Nicodemus'visit to Jesus. So each Wednesday night Leslie will be manning the First Aid booth and I will be involved in evangelism and counseling. I pray for cool weather.

I will also be preparing to teach two classes this fall: at church I will be spending 10 weeks journeying through "Pilgrim's Progress" on Sunday nights and 18 weeks wrestling with Ethics on Tuesday nights in West Columbia. Pray for me. I have a lot of writing to do and plenty of reading besides!

Leslie will be working a little each day and will be finishing her study in the Prophets.

The children are certainly growing--there seems to be less children around the house each day. With one son and two daughter pressing into and through teen-hood (and all implications forth-with), the level of seriousness is on the rise.

I am taking a week off from work, partially out of necessity (IT is taking my office computer for a few days) but certainly out of need.

CANNONBALL!

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception