Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Giving Thanks

Not quite certain how it all got away from me, but it did. I’ve not written much lately for blogging or for personal journaling (besides recording daily events--boring), but that does not mean I’m not busy.

I am a husband, father and as of October--a grandfather, again and again. The last four years have been filled with the curly-headed laughter of one grandchild, now we have two more. Both born within two weeks of each other. Just the other day, I held our month-old grandson and asked him when he was going to start making fairies (it’s a Peter Pan thing, a family thing) and I kid you not when I say he actually gave a tiny giggle. Honestly, I am still trying to get used to the idea of more grandchildren (there are people everywhere around my house!) but am thankful for each and every one of my family members--especially the love of my life, my wife.

I am one person managing two Seminary offices is not easy; but I am thankful--ever so thankful--I have this ministry.

I am thankful for my Church, Calvary Chapel Blythewood. Our pastor is unlike any pastor I know and am so blessed to serve under his leadership. I think the most prominent lesson he teaches me (whether he knows it or not) is how to be genuine, real. Our church family reflects that same quality in ministry to one another. I can’t think I’ve seen much of that.

I am thankful that each week I get to play loud music with my kids and their significant others during worship practice.

I am thankful for health and fitness. Last month my heart doctor told me he did not want to see me for a year, and that just to check in. To date, I’ve lost 68 pounds. The first 30 from 2011 to May of 2013. The other 38, since May. CrossFit is the golden ticket!

No promises, but I am going to try to keep this blog going, even if it is a small post. I like doing it and am thankful for anyone who reads and thinks along with me.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception