- Some read just enough to keep themselves misinformed. (Amish proverb)
- The man is sure to go wrong in his thinking whose aim is to get for himself. (possibly H.L. Mencken)
- Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid. (G.K. Chesterton)
- There is no worse error than to seek intellectual remedy for moral grief. (Gaston Frommel)
- Beat not out thy brains to fathom the un-revealed. (Harold Will)
- It is not honking your horn that keeps you out of trouble as much as steering wisely. (Headline in the "Butter, Cheese & Egg Journal" July 12, 1922)
- Knowledge is power under three conditions: if it is knowledge of things worth knowing; if it is known by a person worthy of using it; if it be used. (anon)
- A brain is as strong as its weakest think. (Thomas Masson)
- Hell hath no fury like a zealot trying to prove a theory. (anon)
- True wisdom is seldom gained without suffering. (Sir Arthur Helps)
Friday, May 08, 2015
A Few Collected Statements on Reading and The Rational Mind
"DT" is a Hero WOD in honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on February, 20 2009 supporting operations i...
Holy Smokes. Ok, yesterday was a holiday so the CrossFit box I follow did not post a WOD so I thought to myself, "self," I says,...
Music to work by.