Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

"The Vagrant Life I Lead"

Everett Ruess, 1914- 1934
(Presumed dead)
"I have not tired of the wilderness; rather I enjoy it's beauty and the vagrant life I lead, more keenly all the time. I prefer the saddle to the street car and the star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities . . .

Say that I starved; that I was lost and weary;
That I was burned and blinded by the desert sun;
Footsore, thirsty, sick with strange diseases;
Lonely and wet and cold . . . but that I kept my dream!"

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Marked red with many an eager kiss