Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

"The Garden" by Rush

Recently while standing at a graveside, this song came to mind and I can't help but share it here.


"Long ago I read a story from another timeline about a character named Candide [written in 1759]. He also survived a harrowing series of misadventures and tragedies, then settled on a farm near Constantinople. Listening to a philosophical rant, Candide replied, 'That is all very well, but now we must tend our garden.' I have now arrived at that point in my own story. There is a metaphorical garden in the acts and attitudes of a person's life, and the treasures of that garden are love and respect. I have come to realize that the gathering of love and respect - from others and for myself - has been the real quest of my life. 'Now we must tend our garden.'" 

Neil Peart, from the album "Clockwork Angels" (2012).

Note: the lines in the song "the arrow flies" speaks of death's arrow that comes to every person. But just as the old saying goes, "just because death smiles on every man does not mean that a man cannot smile back." 

Make the most of the time you have because life is only a moment. 

"The future disappears into memory
With only a moment between
Forever dwells in that moment
Hope is what remains to be seen"

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Marked red with many an eager kiss