Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

Clarity

It's been such an exciting start to 2020 that I'm looking forward to a re-start in February.

  • On Christmas Day, I came down with a cold.
  • On Christmas Day, as our kids and grandkids were leaving at 9:00 p.m., our hallway toilet decided to get into the giving spirit. Spent Christmas night cleaning up the mess. 
  • Day after Christmas, I (with a cold) had to drive across town (40 minutes, one-way), rent a machine, drive back home, ream the plumbing (three times, for good luck), drive the machine back across town, drive back home, reset the toilet, got cleaned up, had dinner, crashed.
  • Rested all-day December 27. Whew!
  • December 30, put car in the shop due to 3 recalls. Toyota paid for it. Such a good car. Been lots-o-miles in it. Found out still needs some repair work. Won't be able to do those repairs for a while, so driving with prayers tossed and fingers crossed. 
  • January 1, 2020. Toilet got into the festive mood again and this time, disabled the kitchen. Out of funds for a bit, so we're washing in tubs. 
  • January 5-6 neighbors decided they wanted to throw a big, loud drug-fueled party. Richland County Sheriff was not happy about not being invited, so they showed up anyway. The partiers did not share. After the Deputies left, the partiers tried to have a nice bonfire in the back yard with their stash, which brought Sheriff back again, only this time the deputies paraded up and down the street for an hour, flooding the house with searchlights and blue flashing lights. No arrests were made, but the show was fantastic. All. night. long. Now it's quite over there . . . strange.
So, as I'm still getting over a cold, preparing for a new semester with half the house not working and the car is . . . well, making it . . . I am starting my third year reading this book (which anyone might get for a very low price on Amazon--and probably should).

The theme for January is "Clarity." And I appreciate that. I receive that. Just so happens that one of my favorite groups has a piece pertaining thereunto. 




I didn't get any revision done on my dissertation chapter and my next course starts next week. If nothing prevents me, I'll be posting more soon.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Edward The Second