Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Ho! For The Spanish Main!

 


“A Summary and True Discourse of SIR FRANCIS DRAKE’S West Indian Voyage, begun in the year 1585. Wherein were taken the cities of SANTIAGO, SANTO DOMINGO, CARTHAGENA, and the town of ST. AUGUSTINE, in FLORIDA. Published by MASTER THOMAS CATES.” 


In “Drake's Great Armada” by Captain Walter Bigges in Vol. 33, pp. 229-240 of The Harvard Classics

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “