Rock Me, Epictetus!

Image
“Keep constant guard over your perceptions, for it is no small thing you are protecting, but your respect, trustworthiness and steadiness, peace of mind, freedom from pain and fear, in a word your freedom. For what would you sell these things?” EPICTETUS, DISCOURSES, 4.3.6 b –8 

Update

First, let me say “thank you for your patience.” My work schedule has not been kind and my health is not what it once was. I am obviously not writing as much but hope to get that machine running again soon. I’ll get to the health stuff another time. I’m just getting old, that’s all. 

Second, though I’m working, I’ve not stopped filling out applications, trying to re-enter higher education. Something promising is on the horizon, but time will tell. 


Third, I get my hearing aids next week. 30% hearing loss in both ears. Tinnitus never stops. I blame the Foo Fighters concert I went to a few years back (was near deaf for 3 days). Actually, it’s hereditary, so now it’s my time. Speaking of hereditary, I still have all my hair to the envy of my dad and uncle. 


I have a project I’ve been working on, but I’ll share that in another post.

Popular posts from this blog

A Reflection in Plato’s “Republic” Book 2

A Sonnet