Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

“ Alack, alack the day!”

 


Lear.  If thou wilt weep my fortunes, take my eyes. 

I know thee well enough; thy name is Gloucester. 

Thou must be patient; we came crying hither.

Thou know’st, the first time that we smell the air, 

We wawl and cry. 

I will preach to thee; mark. 


Glou.  Alack, alack the day! 


Lear.  When we are born, we cry that we are come 

To this great stage of fools . . . 

____________

Shakespeare, The Tragedy of King Lear. Act 4, Scene 6

(Shakespeare died April 23, 1616.)

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “