Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

NaNoWriMo report 5

Ok, I had a real scary few hours there.  Here's what happened:

I woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head (you know the routine) and as I was walking out the car (I was not late), I took my keys out of my pocket and turned them around to find the car key (I have many keys).  Something did not look right.

My flash drive was gone.  My novel was missing!

I put my coffee cup in the van, started the van so it would defrost the windshield (no ice-scraper yet) and went back toward the front door looking to see if I'd dropped it.  Nothing.  Tried to go back inside, but the door was locked.  Went back to the van to get my keys, looking all along the way again in case I'd missed anything, went back inside, looking around.  Kissed darling wife again ('cause she needs lots of kisses) and thought I would ask her about my flash drive when she was more awake.

When I got back to the car, my panic subsided because I remembered that I'd uploaded my documents onto Google Docs after my last edit.  First opportunity, I checked Google Docs--yep, there were all my chapters and notes (whew!).

I went home for lunch, we looked around and still did not find it.  Bummed.

Sat down at my desk, opened my e-mail and lo and behold!  Someone found my flash drive outside and turned it in to the Faculty Secretary!

Come, rejoice with me for I have found my flash drive that was lost!

Update:
  • Cumulative Word Count 20,771 toward my goal of 50,000, which means there are 29,229 total words remaining. 
  • The suggested number to write per day is 1667.  I am at 2,597.
  • Suggested end date: Nov. 30.  My current rate could have me reach my goal on or about Nov. 20. 
So much to do and so little time!

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception