Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Times, They Are A-Changing

 On Monday, July 11 another change is coming to my life. After losing my job of 20 years and subsequently being excused from my doctoral program (the University was footing the bill) I’ve spent the last two years working in a local hardware store, a more Pop than Mom operation an hour away from where I live. I’ve worked open to close many times, missed countless lunches, filled in for absences, managed two fleets, a staff of workers, provided customer service on all levels, even IT support and stocked shelves. I am grossly overworked and severely underpaid. But I’ve made lots of friends and have in some way, contributed to the building and beauty of the community. But it’s time to move on. 

I’ve been on a constant job search and now, it’s come along. So I’ll be going into Hotel Management at a location 15 minutes from my house. And the pay is commensurate with the position. I’m actually excited about the room for growth and advancement! Hopefully I’ll be able to recover so much that I’ve lost the last couple of years. 

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “