Happy Breakfast Club Day!

Image
It was actually yesterday, but you know how these calendars work.  Things to do today: 1) ponder the error of your ways; 2) take a moment to dance a little; 3) have a snack; 4) enjoy a makeover (if applicable); 5) be specific when describing the ruckus. 6) Don’t forget about me.

thinking about: "the fire"

Scenario: my house is on fire! So I ask myself: "what would I want to happen?"

First, I would want an alarm or two to go off warning us to wake up and get out of the house. I would want a speedy response by people who are well trained, who know what they are doing and will accomplish their task with the attitude that they would rather be doing nothing else. I want professionals on the scene;

Second, I would want to know that my family is safe, present and accounted for;

Third, I would want caring people to genuinely show concern for my family and help us get back "on our feet" again with our new life after being rescued.

Scenario: people are going to hell! Someone's "spiritual house" is burning. So I ask myself: "what would I want to happen?"

First, I would want to sound an alarm or two, warning those who are sleeping to wake up and get out of "the house." I would want a speedy response by people who are well trained, who know what they are doing and will accomplish their task with the attitude that they would rather be doing nothing else. I want professionals on the scene.

Second, I would want to ensure that the entire family is safe, present and accounted for;

Third, I would want caring people to genuinely show concern for the entire family, to help get them back "on our feet" again with their new life.

**********

This Fall, I will be teaching the course, "The Way of the Master " at 5:05 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Columbia and would appreciate your responses to the following questions:

  1. Do you share your faith regularly?
  2. Do you go out of your way to verbally share the gospel with family, friends, even strangers?
  3. If you answered "no" to either of the above questions, can you give reasons why you don't?
  4. What is the main reason you don't share your faith more often?

Where will they go if they die without Christ?

Discover how to reach them biblically and confidently in The Way of the Master Basic Training Course, an eight-week study by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Watch a sample episode here.

Learn to overcome your fears by using a simple, powerfully effective way to make the gospel make sense to those you care about. Kirk and Ray will teach you how to bypass the intellect (the place of argument) and speak directly to the conscience (the place of the knowledge of right and wrong)—the way Jesus did.

And they don't just tell you how to witness—they show you. Through fascinating real-life conversations, you can "eavesdrop" as they witness to people from all walks of life—gang members, atheists, cult members, intellectuals, and others.

Through weekly homework assignments, you'll be coaxed to gradually step out of your comfort zone. It couldn't be more exciting or more effective. Do it for someone you love.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: “An Essay Concerning the True Original Extent and End of Civil Government.”