Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Making life a prayer

“Lord, help me to glorify thee;
I am poor, help me to glorify thee by contentment;
I am sick, help me to give thee honour by patience;
I have talents, help me to extol thee by spending them for thee;
I have time, Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve thee;
I have a heart to feel, Lord, let that heart feel no love but thine, and glow with no flame but affection for thee;
I have a head to think, Lord, help me to think of thee and for thee;
Thou hast put me in this world for something, Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose: I cannot do much, but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into thy treasury; I am all thine; take me, and enable me to glorify thee now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have.”

(Spurgeon, Morning and Evening Feb. 15)

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “