Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Greetings!

On a recent shopping trip, as I was leaving the register area, the cashier said, "Have a blessed day!" I took it as one of those secret sayings just among us Christians. Whether or not that was her intention, I don't know, but the incident got me thinking about how we greet people and what do we say when they leave our presence. Consider the 20th Psalm where David writes a number of blessings that he give to other people.

"May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble!" (20:1) (Help that is perfectly timed)

"May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high!" (20:2) (Help that is perfectly secure)

"May He grant you your heart's desire and fulfill your counsel!" (20:4) (Help that is complete)

"May the LORD fulfill all your petitions" (20:5) (Help that is comprehensive)

"May the King answer us in the day we call" (20:9) (Help that is prompt)

(From my friend, Dr. John Williamson, at First Baptist Church of Ridgeway, SC)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception