Kid's Day Columbia

Saturday, May 24 was Kid's Day Columbia, a festival held annually in Columbia, SC. This is a summer kick-off day to come down the park, enjoy God's creation, play, enjoy music, maybe dance a little (for those who do), eat some "fair food" and ride some rides.

Also, various vendors and groups were out providing parents a one-stop-shop opporunity to sign kids up for various camps. Our evangelism team was there, too. The girl standing in the picture below works for Parks and Recreation. She was taking a survey from the people on the bench. Our team talked to the people too. They are reading the "Big Money" tracks.

I am really excited about the picture below.
This is a picture of Tim (standing), talking to John. Tim has been coming out to share the gospel and I am excited to see God working through him. I had come up while they were already talking, but during the few minutes Tim was talking with John, the Lord had already been at work and I arrived just in time to hear Tim ask, "Would you like to ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life?" John happily agreed, and I was pleased to bow my head in prayer as John prayed for himself and that his family would be saved as well. We saw a total of three people surrender to Christ on Saturday.

Here's a great clip of a three-minute Tract Blitz: David, Steve and Tim moving through the crowd, passing out Big Dollar tracts. Notice how some people come back for more:


I had one guy come back to me after our "blitz" with a Million Dollar Bill in his hand and he tried to give it back to me saying, "I can't spend this. It's no good. Take it back." I told him it was a gospel tract and he should be ready to answer the Million Dollar question on the back--he walked away, reading it.

I'll share an experience or two in a future post.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception