I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20. However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho!
12 Cities/12 Conversations Tour and MORE!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
"Michael Horton recently participated in a panel discussion on global evangelism at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. It was part of the 12 Cities / 12 Conversations tour sponsored by the Lausanne Movement, and a video of this conversation is now available online. In addition to Horton, other panelists include Skye Jethani, Jim Belcher, Jena Lee Nardella, Miles McPhereson, Soon Chan Rah, and Kay Warren. FYI, the discussion doesn’t get rolling until around 16 minutes into the video (after all the introductory remarks)."
Masters degree, Doctor of Ministry and guest students are encouraged to take advantage of what is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to “be at the table” for major thinking and strategizing on world evangelization for the next generation. The course will be led by Dr. William Larkin and Dr. George Murray, site coordinators at Cape Town, and Dr. Roy King, Columbia International University-site coordinator.
GLS 5445 (Master's level) and MIS 9445 (Doctoral level) "Major Issues in 21st Century Missions" (3 credit hours): This course is centered on “Cape Town 2010,” the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization held in Cape Town, South Africa, October 16-25, 2010.
Masters degree, Doctor of Ministry and guest students are encouraged to take advantage of what is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to “be at the table” for major thinking and strategizing on world evangelization for the next generation. The course will be led by Dr. William Larkin and Dr. George Murray, site coordinators at Cape Town, and Dr. Roy King, Columbia International University-site coordinator.
GLS 5445 (Master's level) and MIS 9445 (Doctoral level) "Major Issues in 21st Century Missions" (3 credit hours): This course is centered on “Cape Town 2010,” the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization held in Cape Town, South Africa, October 16-25, 2010.
Through pre-campus and post-campus reading, written papers, and participation in a GlobaLink gathering on the Columbia International University campus, October 22-25, with Internet feeds from Capetown 2010, you will be exposed to six major issues confronting individuals involved in world evangelization during the twenty-first century. These are:
- The Whole Gospel: “Truth and Uniqueness of Jesus Christ” and a “Theology of Reconciliation”;
- The Whole World: “Good News for a Broken World” and “The Unfinished Task”;
- The Whole Church: “A Call for a 21st Century Reformation of the Church” and “Unity of the Church.”
This will be a Fall intensive “wrap around course” with the following parameters:
- Pre-campus work (in your present location), due on Oct 22;
- Attendance at “Lausanne III at CIU” (in Columbia, Oct 22-25, including evening dinner class discussions of the day’s proceedings);
- Post-campus work (in your present location, Oct 26 to Dec 17).
You may contact me for assistance.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion
I'm nearly finished reading Joan Didion's collection of essays, Slouching Towards Bethlehem. The book was discovered through another book I was reading, Jon Krakauer's Eiger Dreams . If Jon felt this book was good enough to pack along on a mountain climbing expedition, then I'm interested. Took me three tries, but I finally found my copy on Amazon. One of the best book buys I've made. Joan selected the title of this book from William Butler Yeats' classic poem, Second Coming . The book title is shared with one of her larger essays, a record of encounters with people in the 1960's drug culture. Didion's book is divided into three distinct parts: "Life Styles In The Golden Land," a collection of articles capturing the California experience of the 1960's; "Personals," a few of essays of the first-hand nature; and "Seven Places Of The Mind", some thoughts about those parts of California that are now long gone. One essay...
I’ll Be Gnome For Christmas
“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “
“VANITY, saith the preacher, vanity! Draw round my bed: is Anselm keeping back? Nephews—sons mine … ah God, I know not! Well— She, men would have to be your mother once, Old Gandolf envied me, so fair she was! What’s done is done, and she is dead beside, Dead long ago, and I am Bishop since, And as she died so must we die ourselves, And thence ye may perceive the world’s a dream. Life, how and what is it? As here I lie In this state-chamber, dying by degrees, Hours and long hours in the dead night, I ask “Do I live, am I dead?” Peace, peace seems all. Saint Praxed’s ever was the church for peace; And so, about this tomb of mine. I fought With tooth and nail to save my niche, ye know: —Old Gandolf cozened me, despite my care; Shrewd was that snatch from out the corner South He graced his carrion with, God curse the same! Yet still my niche is not so cramped...