"Michael Horton recently participated in a panel discussion on global evangelism at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. It was part of the 12 Cities / 12 Conversations tour sponsored by the Lausanne Movement, and a video of this conversation is now available online. In addition to Horton, other panelists include Skye Jethani, Jim Belcher, Jena Lee Nardella, Miles McPhereson, Soon Chan Rah, and Kay Warren. FYI, the discussion doesn’t get rolling until around 16 minutes into the video (after all the introductory remarks)."
Masters degree, Doctor of Ministry and guest students are encouraged to take advantage of what is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to “be at the table” for major thinking and strategizing on world evangelization for the next generation. The course will be led by Dr. William Larkin and Dr. George Murray, site coordinators at Cape Town, and Dr. Roy King, Columbia International University-site coordinator.
GLS 5445 (Master's level) and MIS 9445 (Doctoral level) "Major Issues in 21st Century Missions" (3 credit hours): This course is centered on “Cape Town 2010,” the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization held in Cape Town, South Africa, October 16-25, 2010.
Through pre-campus and post-campus reading, written papers, and participation in a GlobaLink gathering on the Columbia International University campus, October 22-25, with Internet feeds from Capetown 2010, you will be exposed to six major issues confronting individuals involved in world evangelization during the twenty-first century. These are:
- The Whole Gospel: “Truth and Uniqueness of Jesus Christ” and a “Theology of Reconciliation”;
- The Whole World: “Good News for a Broken World” and “The Unfinished Task”;
- The Whole Church: “A Call for a 21st Century Reformation of the Church” and “Unity of the Church.”
This will be a Fall intensive “wrap around course” with the following parameters:
- Pre-campus work (in your present location), due on Oct 22;
- Attendance at “Lausanne III at CIU” (in Columbia, Oct 22-25, including evening dinner class discussions of the day’s proceedings);
- Post-campus work (in your present location, Oct 26 to Dec 17).
You may contact me for assistance.