Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

What Has It Got In Its Pocketses?

You will perhaps recognize that question as it was asked of Bilbo by Gollum in Tolkien's "The Hobbit."

We were out doing ministry on the street one night when this older man with a very long and scraggly beard came up to me and asked very directly, "You're a Christian, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am," I replied, "but I can't help but wonder how you would guess."

He pointed to my shirt pocket containing gospel tracts and said, "Your pockets are bulging."  No doubt I was "packed for bear" that night as I had something to distribute from every pocket (I feel naked without something in my shirt pocket)!

What is in a man's pockets reveal much about him, don't they?  What is most important?  What does he hold dear, or what does he deem as absolutely essential?  And the things in his pockets change over time, as does the man.  Here is an interesting and humourous history of a man told by what he carried in his pocketses.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception