21 Day Fitness Challenge
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This March will include a 21 day SEALFit fitness challenge of 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats in each day of the challenge.
Reasons to do this:

Reasons to do this:

- Since the 100 mile running challenge last November, overall body strength and mobility is not fully recovered;
- My left arm maintains various levels of tendinitis. Lifting has not been my friend since December;
- The challenge serves as a reminder that things could be worse. Some things hurt more than others and will never go away, so I train to live with pain. As the SEALs say, "Suffer in Silence." So my training extends through the emotional, mental, and spiritual. What I think does not matter--just complete the mission;
- Commitment to completing one hard task per day, no equipment required. I've gotten soft. Especially around the middle.
- It's always good to be part of something bigger than yourself. There's this beautiful point of tension after starting out ("I can do that! Easy Day!") when you hit a wall ("What the frak was I thinking?") and have no choice but to keep going.
“ . . . the boxer who has “seen his own blood, who has felt
his teeth rattle beneath his opponent’s fist...who has been downed in body but
not in spirit…”—they know what they can take. Only they have a true and
accurate sense of rhythms of a fight and what winning is going to require them
to do. That sense comes from getting knocked around. That sense is only
possible because of the hard times—the hard knocks—they’ve experienced before.” (Ryan Holiday)
The sidebar of this page contains space for a progress report. If no sidebar is visible, click on the three lines found on top left of the page.
Find something to do this month. Get up, get out, get moving.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion
I'm nearly finished reading Joan Didion's collection of essays, Slouching Towards Bethlehem. The book was discovered through another book I was reading, Jon Krakauer's Eiger Dreams . If Jon felt this book was good enough to pack along on a mountain climbing expedition, then I'm interested. Took me three tries, but I finally found my copy on Amazon. One of the best book buys I've made. Joan selected the title of this book from William Butler Yeats' classic poem, Second Coming . The book title is shared with one of her larger essays, a record of encounters with people in the 1960's drug culture. Didion's book is divided into three distinct parts: "Life Styles In The Golden Land," a collection of articles capturing the California experience of the 1960's; "Personals," a few of essays of the first-hand nature; and "Seven Places Of The Mind", some thoughts about those parts of California that are now long gone. One essay...
I’ll Be Gnome For Christmas
“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “
“VANITY, saith the preacher, vanity! Draw round my bed: is Anselm keeping back? Nephews—sons mine … ah God, I know not! Well— She, men would have to be your mother once, Old Gandolf envied me, so fair she was! What’s done is done, and she is dead beside, Dead long ago, and I am Bishop since, And as she died so must we die ourselves, And thence ye may perceive the world’s a dream. Life, how and what is it? As here I lie In this state-chamber, dying by degrees, Hours and long hours in the dead night, I ask “Do I live, am I dead?” Peace, peace seems all. Saint Praxed’s ever was the church for peace; And so, about this tomb of mine. I fought With tooth and nail to save my niche, ye know: —Old Gandolf cozened me, despite my care; Shrewd was that snatch from out the corner South He graced his carrion with, God curse the same! Yet still my niche is not so cramped...