Made it to Chapter 8

Image
One probably wonders what I’m working on.  As an Independent Scholar, as I am not attached to a University, I am writing a commentary on the first book of a personal journal written by a 2nd Century Roman Emperor. In that book he lists 16 names and describes what each person contributed to his life. That’s the short version. I’ve covered the first 8 so far and hit a wall. Now I’ve gone back and am editing Chapters 1-3 to keep my mojo going. Not sure when I’ll be done but hopefully by years’ end. I already have another project lined up. 

Perspective Matters (video)



"For there are two rules to keep at ready: that there is nothing good or bad outside my own reasoned choice and that we shouldn't try to lead events but to follow them." (Epictetus, Discourses 3.10)

"The cause of my irritation is not in this person but in me." (Anthony DeMello, Jesuit Priest)

Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion