HEAD(hed), (n.) 1. the top part of the human body or the front part of an animal where the eyes, nose, east and mouth are. "Your brain is in your head." DIBS(dibz), (n.) 2. a thick, sweet syrup made in countries of the East, especially the Middle East, from grape juice or dates. [Arabic "debs"]--World Book Dictionary, 1976.
I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20. However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
"Hope" by Klaatu
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Where has this band been my the entirety of my whole life? I mean, really! As long as they were around and I am just now hearing of the band aka "The Canadian Beatles"! I might as well have been living on the moon, for crying out loud. This band is amazing!
Hope is like a lighthouse keeper's beam Hope the master cobbler of our dreams For Hope believes in desert streams The mightiest of stars The microcosm in a jar Vast or small they all revolve on Hope
Hope the guardian angel of the dove Hope a gift of guidance from above For Hope is the heart in mother's love No plans could be conceived No ships could fare the seas For there would be no courage were it not for Hope
Now the path before us lies before our very eyes Don't you see And it leads up to the gateway Lead me through Don't you see
Then come and take my hand Raise up your head And dry your eyes For up ahead I see Woh woh yeah A ray of peace A shining on me
So let us feel Hope And feel the sunrise in our minds To give Hope is to enlighten all mankind Ah but lose Hope and life seems black as blind When faith gives way to fear When motivation disappears All is lost if one abandons Hope All is lost If one abandons Hope
I'm nearly finished reading Joan Didion's collection of essays, Slouching Towards Bethlehem. The book was discovered through another book I was reading, Jon Krakauer's Eiger Dreams . If Jon felt this book was good enough to pack along on a mountain climbing expedition, then I'm interested. Took me three tries, but I finally found my copy on Amazon. One of the best book buys I've made. Joan selected the title of this book from William Butler Yeats' classic poem, Second Coming . The book title is shared with one of her larger essays, a record of encounters with people in the 1960's drug culture. Didion's book is divided into three distinct parts: "Life Styles In The Golden Land," a collection of articles capturing the California experience of the 1960's; "Personals," a few of essays of the first-hand nature; and "Seven Places Of The Mind", some thoughts about those parts of California that are now long gone. One essay...
“VANITY, saith the preacher, vanity! Draw round my bed: is Anselm keeping back? Nephews—sons mine … ah God, I know not! Well— She, men would have to be your mother once, Old Gandolf envied me, so fair she was! What’s done is done, and she is dead beside, Dead long ago, and I am Bishop since, And as she died so must we die ourselves, And thence ye may perceive the world’s a dream. Life, how and what is it? As here I lie In this state-chamber, dying by degrees, Hours and long hours in the dead night, I ask “Do I live, am I dead?” Peace, peace seems all. Saint Praxed’s ever was the church for peace; And so, about this tomb of mine. I fought With tooth and nail to save my niche, ye know: —Old Gandolf cozened me, despite my care; Shrewd was that snatch from out the corner South He graced his carrion with, God curse the same! Yet still my niche is not so cramped...