Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

Quarantine thoughts

I can sum mine up in one word: "crucible."
  • I've lost my job. 
  • I am no longer a doctoral student.
  • Our family is going through massive emotional upset due to a family member's attempted suicide and because she is underage, created quite an intense DSS firestorm for us. 
I am embracing the suck.

You know what?
  • The world is changing and we are doing things we've never done before. Or in a while, at least.
  • America's houses have never been cleaner.
  • The DSS firestorm is dying down and in a few months, she'll age out of the system. What happens next is anyone's guess. Hearts are broken, nonetheless. 
  • I am preparing to break in a new tiller on some ground for a garden. Got us some tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, lettuce, broccoli, beans. Might post some pics of the before-and-aftermath.
The sun is shining like all is well with the world, and if you stop and sit out on your porch or in your gazebo or in your swing or whatever you got to sit on, just open your eyes and ears. Nights are quieter. Birds are chirpier. Breakfast is later, but that's ok too.

I had to move my library from what was once my office, but that's all done and almost all books are reshelved at home--in order ;-) Ran out of shelf space, if you can believe that! 

I know who my true friends are and I know where to find them. Ok, I've not been the best friend to some, but that's one thing about true friends--there's this "no matter what" thing. And memories are precious.

Fitness ain't been going so well, but if I can get out and walk for a mile or so, I'm happy.

So I keep my phone charged, my playlists rolling and take each challenge as they come. Like waves on the shore. 

Things I try to remember: 
  • Pain hurts, but it eventually goes away. Fear does too.
  • Laugh when you can. And when you can't, laugh at what's coming at you. 
  • Life is abundant, so love where you are.
  • Live, love, do better. 
  • We are in this together.
  • There are times you just need to be held.
I still have tons of questions and have shaken my fist at the sky, but like the song says: 


If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will.
(Casting Crowns)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Edward The Second