Made it to Chapter 8

Image
One probably wonders what I’m working on.  As an Independent Scholar, as I am not attached to a University, I am writing a commentary on the first book of a personal journal written by a 2nd Century Roman Emperor. In that book he lists 16 names and describes what each person contributed to his life. That’s the short version. I’ve covered the first 8 so far and hit a wall. Now I’ve gone back and am editing Chapters 1-3 to keep my mojo going. Not sure when I’ll be done but hopefully by years’ end. I already have another project lined up. 

The Watchmaker

 “The arrow flies while you breathe

The hours tick away, the cells tick away

The Watchmaker has time up his sleeve

The hours tick away, they tick away


The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect

So hard to earn, so easily burned . . . 


The future disappears into memory


With only a moment between


Forever dwells in that moment


Hope is what remains to be seen.”




——————

“The Garden” by Rush. 

Songwriters: Alex Lifeson / Geddy Lee / Neil Elwood Peart

Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion