Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Marked red with many an eager kiss

 

ANTONY: I thought how those white arms would fold me in, 

And strain me close, and melt me into love; 

So pleased with that sweet image, I sprung forwards, 

And added all my strength to every blow. 


CLEOPATRA: Come to me, come, my soldier, to my arms! 

You’ve been too long away from my embraces; 

But, when I have you fast, and all my own,

With broken murmurs, and with amorous sighs, 

I’ll say, you were unkind, and punish you, 

And mark you red with many an eager kiss.


John Dryden (1631–1700).  “All for Love.” Act 3

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “