Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

“. . . Are there angels who fell and then believed?"

"When man sinned, Christ came to save mankind. The Bible says Satan was cast down with his angels. Where does it say what happened to angels who believed? Are there angels who fell and then believed?"

[This question is part of a series of questions I answered while speaking at Pastor’s Conferences in Kenya, Africa in July 2004. This question immediately followed the question (and answer) you will find in the preceding posts.]

Here is what the Bible says about the belief of fallen angels, “You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.” (James 2:19)

No, there are no angels who fell, then believed; that is, repented. Their rebellion is final. No angel could claim ignorance regarding the matter of his rebellion, nor will a fallen angel come to repentance. Scripture teaches plainly concerning “angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.” (Jude 6)

Do not miss this one distinguishing feature between men and angels—men have the opportunity to repent of their sin and put faith and trust in Christ Jesus. One who does not repent is no different than a fallen angel—he may believe all the right doctrines, but without repentance and faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ, there is no forgiveness of sin.

There are times when I will sometimes say to a person, “You believe in God, so do demons. You believe in Jesus, so do demons. You believe Jesus died on the cross and rose three days later, so do demons. What makes you different than a demon?”

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “