Made it to Chapter 8

Image
One probably wonders what I’m working on.  As an Independent Scholar, as I am not attached to a University, I am writing a commentary on the first book of a personal journal written by a 2nd Century Roman Emperor. In that book he lists 16 names and describes what each person contributed to his life. That’s the short version. I’ve covered the first 8 so far and hit a wall. Now I’ve gone back and am editing Chapters 1-3 to keep my mojo going. Not sure when I’ll be done but hopefully by years’ end. I already have another project lined up. 

Using Incense in Worship

A reader from Nigeria wrote with this question: "I am a catholic, I want to know the significance of incense during worship. Thank you."

The use of incense is found in the Bible, and is symbolic of things we offer to God. There are passages in scripture that describe prayer as being incense before God. The fellowship of God's people (I am summarizing) has been called "a sweet smell" to God. 2 Corinthians 2:15 says that we are the fragance or aroma, an agreeable smell of sacrifice ("incense," if you will) of Christ to God!

There is nothing magical or extra-spiritual about using incense. If you chose to use it, then enjoy God in Christ Jesus as you do so!




Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion