Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

The Best Part Of The Day

Some folks are morning folks. Others are "owls," the night-time folks. I'd like to think I'm a morning person because the evening comes on real fast for me nowadays. If I make it past 10:30 p.m., something's wrong. Know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong--I don't exactly bounce out of bed first thing, but the morning seems to be the best part of the day for me. As long as I have one or more of the following (I really don't care "when" during the day), I'll be fine:
  • Coffee
  • Eggs
  • Bacon and/or Sausage
  • Tortillas and/or Biscuits
  • Cheese (optional)
So for me, the best part of the day is when breakfast is served. Does that make me a morning person? Not necessarily. Just give me breakfast and everything'll be alright. 


I blame the Burrito Lady. If you don't know who the Burrito Lady is (we dubbed her "Mother Chorizo") then you ain't lived. Every day these local vendors would stop by the store selling fresh, hot, home-made burritos. Mother Chorizo was probably the best. She came to the back door of the place I worked, her grandson carrying an Igloo cooler filled with home-made breakfast burritos: scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon with potato and some jalapeno and the right sprinkling of cheese mixed in, all wrapped up in a fresh flour tortilla. Piping hot. For a buck, there was no better way to start the day. 

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “