Forward Motion

 The next few weeks I will be consulting a list of writing prompts to use as springboards. The last couple of years have been difficult in more ways to tell and a few things I once enjoyed have fallen by the wayside, writing being one of them. So as I follow these prompts, posts will be random in topic, as demonstrated in the last two. 

Some posts may be commentary, some instructional, some imaginative, even speculative, respectively. I am challenging myself not to skip, but to work straight through the spring boards in their own published sequence. It’s not about generating content. It’s about strengthening a muscle. It’s about rekindling a flame. It’s about stretching the imagination, which has real world applications in matters such as problem-solving.


My goal is to write in the style of NaNoWriMo; that is to write spontaneously with as little editing as possible, even if that means filling up at least two pages a day of absolute crap (to be clear I endeavor to write at least one page in my personal journal and at least one page for this blog). As one writer said, “draft ugly, edit pretty.” Who knows, maybe at the end of the exercise a book could be produced out of it! 

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Welcome, May!