Made it to Chapter 8

Image
One probably wonders what I’m working on.  As an Independent Scholar, as I am not attached to a University, I am writing a commentary on the first book of a personal journal written by a 2nd Century Roman Emperor. In that book he lists 16 names and describes what each person contributed to his life. That’s the short version. I’ve covered the first 8 so far and hit a wall. Now I’ve gone back and am editing Chapters 1-3 to keep my mojo going. Not sure when I’ll be done but hopefully by years’ end. I already have another project lined up. 

Piety and Possibility

"If you will here stop and ask yourself why you are not as pious as the primitive Christians were, your own heart will tell you that it is neither through ignorance nor inability, but because you never thouroughly intended it." --William Law (1686-1761)

God Help Us!

"If all things are possible with God, then all things are possible to him who believes in Him." --Corrie Ten Boom (1892-1983)

God Helps Us!

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “