Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

The Vigil

"Waiting for flame in the eye of night,
I am the fuel for your fire.
Light calls ever unto light,
Make me a fleshen pyre.
Touch my lips with the altering coal,
Leave Your shining upon my soul,
Zion shall ever be my goal,
Zion the city of light."

I am up pre-rooster to be shepherd and host to our non-resident Seminary students. These nights I do not sleep so well due to my excitement that they are here--these full-time missionaries, pastors and lay people from around the world come for two weeks of Intensive courses, then back home they go.

About 12:00 a.m. my 9 year old daughter was asking me her usual round of philosophical questions . . . who acts the best: this color person or that? We talked about the importance of people in God's eyes and that God does not see color. I brought her around to consider what Person, rather than kind of people, we should look to as our model. She brightly replied, "Jesus!"

About 4:00 this a.m. I was awakened by that same daughter for child-hood reasons and as I drifted back off to sleep for one more hour, was impressed by how Jesus models my very ministry to me, as shepherd and host--Psalm 23 came to mind as my model for ministry, especially over the next two weeks. Shepherd, to those who need to know the way and find comfort in it; host, to receive spiritual nourishment and walk away on FIRE for God!

"So Lord, [please] move, or move me," as the song says.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception