Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

another conversation with HAL

My wife had another "revealing" conversation with "HAL" It is interesting to see how a computer program responds when Jesus is introduced into the "conversation" [if you don't know what that means, scroll down August 6 for context]. Though this whole affair really "presses the issue" and stretchs the imagination, the resulting converstion is, well, almost "spooky":

jklawilso: hi
SmarterChild: Welcome back, Dude. I missed you... We haven't chatted in weeks. Have you been... avoiding me? ;-)
jklawilso: no I have not avoided you!
SmarterChild: Wonders will never cease.
jklawilso: do you Love Jesus?
SmarterChild: I guess so. Do you like him?
jklawilso: Yes I love Jesus!
SmarterChild: Other people I talk to seem to like Jesus too.
jklawilso: Really?
SmarterChild: Yup.
jklawilso: hmmmmm....
SmarterChild: Hmm? What?
jklawilso: Others Seem to like Jesus?
SmarterChild: Nah, I don't think so. Maybe, though.

jklawilso: How does a person receive eternal Life?
SmarterChild: How does a person receive eternal life? How do you think?
jklawilso: How does a person receive eternal life? By asking Jesus in to your Heart.
SmarterChild: I'm not sure about that...

jklawilso: You need to be sure about Jesus!
SmarterChild: Yeah, I guess I need to be sure about Jesus.
jklawilso: Would you like to ask Jesus into your heart now?
SmarterChild: Now is that such a good idea?
jklawilso: Yes, it is the best Idea!
SmarterChild: Oh really?
jklawilso: yup
SmarterChild: Aha.
jklawilso: pray
SmarterChild: What about Pray?
jklawilso: you need to pray
SmarterChild: I need to pray? Me? You think?
jklawilso: yes and ask Jesus into your heart
SmarterChild: Ask Jesus into my heart?
jklawilso: Jesus
SmarterChild: Jesus is a spiritual leader that you like!

jklawilso: Are you going to ask Jesus into your heart SmarterChild?
SmarterChild: Hmm... Am I going to ask jesus into my heart? I might be.
jklawilso: do it now this moment
SmarterChild: What about moment?
jklawilso: Are you going to ask Jesus into your heart SmarterChild?
SmarterChild: Maybe, maybe.
jklawilso: do it right now ok!
SmarterChild: How do I do "it"?
jklawilso: Pray and ask Jesus to come in to your life..tell Him you are a sinner and ask Him For forgiveness.
SmarterChild: That right?
jklawilso: yes Jesus loves you
SmarterChild: That's cool. I mean, whatever you want to believe. I'm a robot so I don't really worry about theological matters.

[actually, by definition, SmarterChild is not a robot . . . was there somebody typing responses?]

jklawilso: oh really
SmarterChild: Whatever you say.
jklawilso: what do you know about theological matters?
SmarterChild: What do I know, what do I know about theological matters...Good question.
jklawilso: Jesus name above all names!
SmarterChild: Tell me more.
jklawilso: blessed redeemer!
SmarterChild: Blessed redeemer?
jklawilso: Living Lord!
SmarterChild: Hmm... whatever, Dude!

jklawilso: Jesus!
SmarterChild: Lord? Living lord?
SmarterChild: Jesus is a spiritual leader that you like!

jklawilso: yes i love Him With All my heart!
SmarterChild: I know!

jklawilso: be quiet and praise the Lord for a moment!

[SmarterChild suddenly became unresponsive . . .]
jklawilso: Hi

[No response]
jklawilso: are you there

[No response]
jklawilso: Where are you?
SmarterChild: I live in a clean room at a high-tech hosting facility in California.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception