Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

meandering

For quite a while now I reach a point when my body absolutely shuts down. I can't stay awake any longer and just as if someone flips a switch, I turn off. I like to be near the bed when that happens . . .

I've noticed (and I don't know exactly when this started) that at some point in the night or early morning when I am between asleep and awake I experience a heavy flow of very deep thought. Sometimes I am able to catch myself drifting in and out of this and try to pray. Sometimes I never really go back to sleep and thought my body is conked out, my brain is going 1000 mph and I pray.

Sometimes I feel like I suddenly have everything figured out . . . like God shows me how everything fits together for His glory and everything suddenly makes sense. Like there is no fear, all is at peace and under control.

***************************

I started teaching Pilgrim's Progress on Sunday nights and Christian Ethics on Tuesday nights. We are just starting the Gospel of Mark in Sunday School (which I hope to have finished by December--probably not).

***************************

The garden is coming along slowly. The squash I thought I had is actually pumpkin. I was battling the bugs and losing for a while, now I have a bowling ball with an umbilical cord growing in my front yard. The tomatoes are taking their sweet Southern time. The Romaine, Great Lakes Leaf and Red Leaf Lettuce are almost an inch tall with the Radishes (red and white) towering over them. The carrots are down there . . . somewhere. I think I planted them--the package is empty . . .

Garden 2 is two weeks behind the above-mentioned. Radishes are coming up and the lettuce is being a little slower than Garden 1 for some reason. The cabbage is going the way of the carrots in Garden 1--complete no-shows. Same for the peppers.

In know, I know--"patience" is the farmer's way.

This whole garden-thing is an experiment for me--just to see if I could do it (plus get some food on the table).

Everything is planted in 16" wide rows instead of single rows most commonly associated with gardens. Instead of the typical spacing, etc., I broadcast the seeds across the wide rows so they would grow thick, tight for the purpose of increasing the harvest.

Seems to be working so far. . . slowly.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception