Chapter 10

Image
 Starting chapter 10 exhausted. Need to take a break. The closer to the end I get, the steeper the climb, as it were. Just gets harder near the end. I’m having eye surgery consultation later this week. I’m thinking the eye strain is too much for this little pea brain. Everything jumbles together. But so excited this is happening!

Art and Science, A Perspective

"‘Tis the very difference between the artistic mind and the mathematical, that the former sees things as they are in a picture, some nearer and larger some smaller and farther away while to the mathematical mind everything, every inch in a million, every fact in a cosmos, must be of equal value. That is why mathematicians go mad, and poets scarcely ever do. A man may have as wide a view of life as he likes, the wider the better: a distant view, a birds-eye view, but still a view and not a map. The one thing he cannot attempt in his version of the universe is to draw things to scale." (G.K. Chesterton, 1874-1936)

Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion