Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

"You've Wandered Long Enough" by Russell Kelfer


Somewhere along the journey
When life's hard times get tough,
A still, small voice but whispers,
“You've wandered long enough.”

God understands your “balanced life”
And honors all your zeal,
He knows you love to worship Him
And that your walk is real.

He's seen you in the dark of night
When no one is around,
He's heard you cry out in the night
When no one heard a sound.

He knows that on the surface
You daily bear your cross,
But also knows the compromise
When you might suffer loss.

He loves you; oh, He loves you;
Yet His analysis
Is, “Child, I love you so much...
There's more to life than this.”

“There is a deeper walk with Me
Let's just call Satan's bluff...
Go ahead and say to Me,
‘I've wandered long enough.'

“I want to enter Canaan's gates
With all its plains and lakes,
I want whate'er you have for me;
Oh, God whate'er it takes!

Lead me to that promised land
And may I ne'er return
Give me all there is of Christ
Oh, for that life I yearn!

I've wandered long enough, dear, Lord
I want whate'er I lack,
Whate'er it takes, take Me I pray
And I will ne'er turn back.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception