Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

CIU Adds Master’s Degrees in Chaplaincy

To meet the growing need for chaplains in the United States, Columbia International University is now offering master’s degrees in chaplaincy. Beginning in the fall semester, students can begin working toward a Master of Divinity (Chaplaincy) or a Master of Arts in Chaplaincy in CIU Seminary & School of Ministry.

These degrees will equip students to minister in a variety of settings including military chaplaincy, institutional chaplaincy such as police chaplain or hospital chaplain, and organizational chaplaincy that focuses on the corporate world, sports and those involved in crisis management.

Dr. John Harvey, the associate dean of CIU Seminary & School of Ministry says the chaplain is playing an increasingly important role in today’s world.  “In an increasingly un-churched society, the chaplain is the person people turn to in a time of crisis,” Harvey said. Harvey also notes that CIU is strategically located for a variety of chaplaincy work.

“The chaplain school for all branches of the U.S. armed forces is now at Fort Jackson in Columbia,” Harvey said. “Plus, Columbia has four major hospitals, several penal institutions, and is an educational, cultural and business center. There is a wide open door for corporate and sports chaplaincy work.”

Columbia International University Seminary & School of Ministry is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “