Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Preaching for Spiritual Change

"Preaching For Spiritual Change" (HOM 9415) is a Doctor of Ministry course from the Seminary and School of Missions of Columbia International University. This course meets June 14 -18, 2010. Click here for the syllabus.

Five highly-regarded and experienced preachers (see below) will help you construct and preach sermons that will have a transformational impact on listeners to the glory of God. You will improve the effectiveness of your preaching in specially-focused areas as you study the importance of living a personal life consistent with those areas. Special attention will be given to: missions, victorious Christian living, apologetics, and special events (e.g., Christmas, Lent, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day). Attention will also be given to audience analysis in sermon preparation and delivery.

The five speakers and their focus areas are:


Dr. Paul Copan, an author who holds the Pledger Family Chair of Philosophy and Ethics at Palm Beach Atlantic University. His focus is Apologetic Preaching.
Dr. Sinclair Ferguson is senior minister of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, S.C., and professor of Systematic Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary. His focus is preaching for special events.
Dr. Barry Moore is founder and director of the Barry Moore Evangelistic Association in Ontario, Canada. His focus is Evangelistic preaching.
Dr. George Murray is chancellor and former president of Columbia International University. His focus is Great Commission preaching.
Dr. David Olford is president of Olford Ministries International and holds the Stephen Olford Chair of Expository Preaching at Union University. His focus is on Deeper Life preaching for victorious Christian living.

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “