Live Life

A few days ago we finished binge watching the show “Suits” and the last three days I’ve had the song “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay stuck in my head. Thanks for that, Harvey Specter. Actually, that song as the closer was the perfect fit for the character. Anyone who knows me needs no explanation when I say when I heard the first notes of the song, I almost wept. And the song has been playing royalty free in my head for days.
 
Each month I try to focus on a concept or theme and the last five years December’s theme is “Mortality.” As Coldplay continues to reverberate in my head, it became evident how the song and the theme complement each other. “Live Life” is how the title translates, and why not?

The song captures victories and losses, heartache and acceptance. It’s a song that captures the fragility of life, and being ok with that. “I don’t always have to be on top.” There are times when you must strike while the opportunity is hot, but everything eventually cools off and grinds to a halt. Life is lived in all moments in between. Heartache and all. 

But that’s not the end. Death is not the end at all. It’s a beginning. What once was becomes something else. Until the last moment arrives, the question becomes, “are you ok with that?” Or better, “what must you do to be at peace?” Someone once said that it’s how you live and love that gives life meaning.

Maybe someone needs to know that you couldn’t have done it without them.





Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Welcome, May!