Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Back to simple.

This has been a very stressful month. Transitions through all the changes have been very slow, or I am running out of steam . . . or perhaps both. Right now I am staying about 2 days behind on everything and way over budget. Am considering further changes that will certainly lighten the load and keep focused. I keep thinking of those great historical figures who said things like, "all we had was a Bible, Pilgrim's Progress and Foxe's Book of Martyrs." Remember when Phil Johnson had to cut back? I am considering changes that would reduce many things down that drastically.

The sermon yesterday on Isaiah 40:38-31 was timely.

I've been meditating on Zechariah 3 and God is working on me and my role as the leader of my family.

William Plumer wrote in "Vital Godliness: A Treatise on Experimental and Practical Piety" (1864), "The daily business of a Christian is to . . . resist the devil, deny himself, overcome the world, crucify the flesh with its affections and lusts, imitate Christ, walk with God."

Got to get back to "simple" and what is most important.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception