Made it to Chapter 8

Image
One probably wonders what I’m working on.  As an Independent Scholar, as I am not attached to a University, I am writing a commentary on the first book of a personal journal written by a 2nd Century Roman Emperor. In that book he lists 16 names and describes what each person contributed to his life. That’s the short version. I’ve covered the first 8 so far and hit a wall. Now I’ve gone back and am editing Chapters 1-3 to keep my mojo going. Not sure when I’ll be done but hopefully by years’ end. I already have another project lined up. 

What you understand

"You don't have to understand all about the Bible in order to accept it. You don't have to understand the digestive processes before you eat a meal. You don't have to understand everything about electricity before you switch on your lights or send a telegram. Must you know all about a trolley car in order to pay a nickel and take a ride? Can you explain how a black cow eats green grass and gives white milk to make yellow butter? No!"

- Billy Sunday

Popular posts from this blog

Made it to Chapter 8

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion