Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Righteousness

The Chinese character (word) for "righteousness" (yi) is very interesting. The character is formed of two separate characters, on on top of the other.


The top character (yang) means "lamb."
The bottom character (wo) means "me," "self" or I."

When they are put together, the "lamb" is placed directly above "me," the word "righteousness" (yi) is formed.

This is no accident. Because of His shed blood on the cross, Jesus satisfied the wrath of God, making payment for sin. When we repent, turn from our sin and put our faith and trust in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ, He receives me and I become righteous in His sight. Between me, the sinner, and God, the Holy One, there is interposed by faith, the Lamb of God.

True righteousness is gained therefore by putting self under the lamb, our Lord Christ Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception