Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Pre-Book Review: "An Incomplete Education" by Judy Jones and William Wilson

Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader has a contender! Just found a book I am going to review it before I actually read it. Judy Jones and William Wilson (there’s an education in that name--calling to mind Edgar Allan Poe--which hints as to why a book like this can be fun) published this third edition in 2009 with Ballantine.

The book covers highlights in twelve subject areas that we either forgot or slept through in school: American Studies, Art History, Economic, Film, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Science and World History. Browsing the book, one notes witty writing in short articles. Even the Lexicon presents itself to be a readable 13th chapter.

10,000 years in only 700 pages. I expect plenty of springboards for future blogs to be found within!

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “